Globalization of business is around us. What we buy comes from far away; apples from Australia, chocolates from Switzerland, even the things we make, from our music to our aero engines, reach people everywhere. In financial services, pharmaceuticals, beverages, motorcars and popular music industries, Indian firms - large and small - are winning internationally. Hence it is a need of the hour to study & understand the development of international business and the challenges in managing it. Employers also want such employees who are well equipped with skill set required to manage their globally run businesses. The myriad faces of international business are fascinating. This is a vehicle which brings together different strings of business done by different people in different countries, coming from different conceptual structures and bringing with them different intellectual containers.
Graduates with a knowledge of international business and with the experience and maturity that comes from having studied overseas (if you are selected in the international exchange programme) are in great demand. And you may wish to study international business because it gives you all the flexibility of choice and potential change for which business programmes are well known. There is a broad and growing menu of courses and curricula devoted to international business. You will see the extensive range of subjects that you can include within your own degree. You will not only study international business, you will experience it.
The Centre has been striving to be a leader in providing students and business managers with the skills to understand foreign cultures and business practices and to perceive and grasp overseas marketing and investment opportunities, to overcome language barriers, and to deal effectively with foreign governments and international institutions.
The course has the following objectives:
• To expose participants to the most recent developments in global business environment
• To promote interaction with business executives and managers
• To prepare the participants for a successful and rewarding career in the field of international business
• To help the participants understand the complexities of international business operations and equip them with the knowledge base to deal with such complexities.
• To train the participants on how to identify the existing opportunities in the area of international business and explore them. To follow a holistic approach in grooming the participants so that they eventually develop into credible international business professionals.
• To enhance participants’ expertise in such functional areas as finance, marketing, and human resource management
In international business, knowledge of some popular foreign languages becomes a great competitive tool. Participants would be afforded the opportunity to undergo a one year foreign language course in languages such as Spanish, French, German, etc.
Duration of the Programme:
PGDIB is a Two-year Full time Programme
Graduate degree in any stream from universities and institutions recognized by AICTE/ UGC/ AIU (Students appearing in their final year can also apply) with minimum 50 % marks and valid CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA score.
The Program is delivered by highly qualified and experienced Core Faculty, supplemented by eminent experts from industry and academics. The learning process balances three A’s: Absorption of conceptual knowledge, Analysis of relevant case examples, and Application in practical assignments. Industry projects provide an advance glimpse into the real life work environment, and a rigorous personality development process gives the students the confidence to succeed in the face of stiff competition. Evaluation is on multiple criteria and may include class participation, analytical skills, report writing, etc., in addition to quizzes, tests and examinations.