Education must train for self-development, fearlessness of mind, integrity of purpose and strength of conscience. In order that knowledge is liberating and life-giving, the mission of the IILM Graduate School of Management (IILM GSM) is the pursuit of education, scholarship and research at the highest levels of excellence.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) programme was launched in the year 1993 to cater to the demands of management professionals and prepare its graduating students for a challenging career through an intensive and rigorous curriculum. The programme endeavours for holistic development of its students, thereby making them intellectually, socially, physically, and spiritually balanced human beings. We believe in an education system that looks beyond employment and concentrates on individual development by imparting “Life Skills” and enhancing life time opportunities
Duration of the Programme – PGDM is a Two Year full time Programme
Programme Level Goals
1. An understanding of organizations, their external context and their management.
2. An awareness of current issues in business and management which is informed by research and practice in the field.
3. An understanding of appropriate techniques sufficient to allow investigation into relevant business and management issues.
4. The ability to acquire and analyse data and information.
5. The ability to apply relevant knowledge to practical situations.
6. The ability to work and lead effectively in a team based environment.
7. An improvement in both oral and written communication skills.
8. Be cognizant of the impact of their individual & corporate actions on society and recognize ethical business practices.
- LO-1: Graduates will develop a robust set of personal values that guide their behavior
- LO-2: Graduates will be able to recognize and frame responses to ethical dilemmas in organizational settings.
- LO-3: Graduates will learn to balance the impact of decisions and actions on themselves, their organisations and society.
9. Be sensitive to the social, economic and environmental responsibilities of business.
- LO-1: Graduates will understand the symbiotic relationship between business and social development.
- LO-2: Graduates will understand the role and impact of business on sustainable economic development.
- LO-3: Exhibit responsibility in minimizing negative environmental impact due to business activities.
• The Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) at IILM Graduate School of Management caters to the demand of management professionals and prepares its graduating students for challenging careers through an intensive and rigorous curriculum. IILM GSM believes in holistic development of the students and their participation in the education programme, instills into them professionalism, critical thinking, ability to work hard, and take decisions. The Institute also exposes the students to all aspects of management and its various facets like environment protection, human values, social responsibility, information and communication systems and so forth. IILM GSM is a centre of excellence in value based education, training, research and consultancy. IILM GSM’s mission is to develop tomorrow’s business leaders through integrated learning and industry-academic partnerships.
• It is mandatory to undergo three month summer internship with a corporate house after the completion of first year.
|Program Structure 2016 – 18|
|Term 1 (Aug 2016 – Oct 2016)||Term 2 (Nov 2016 – Jan 2017)||Term 3 A ( 1 Feb 17 – 15 Mar 17)|
|Orientation to Management||Organizational Perspective||Business Research Methods|
|Individual Dynamics||Employee||Operations Engine 2|
|Managing Groups and Teams||Operations Engine 1||State and Society|
|Basics of Accounting||Costing and Control Systems||Sourcing and Managing Funds|
|Probability Modelling and Statistics||Customer||Career Trek|
|Basics of Economics||Competitor|
|Modeling Managerial Decisions||Innovator||Term 3 – B (16 Mar 2017- 30 Apr 2017)|
|Introduction to Negotiation and Negotiation Extension||Investor||Sales and Distribution Management|
|Introduction to Marketing (Online)||Global Macro Economy||FIELD (Field Immersion Experiences for Leadership Development) 2|
|Spoken Business Communication||Classroom to Community||Electives (3 in number)|
|Written Analysis and Communication||Spoken Business Communication||Workshops|
|FIELD (Field Immersion Experiences for Leadership Development) 1||Written Analysis and Communication||Placement Workshop|
|Term 4 (Aug 2017 – Oct 2017)||Term 5 (Nov 2017 – Jan 2018)||Term 6 (Feb 2018 – Apr 2018)|
|Electives (2 in number)||Electives (7 in number)||Electives (6 in number)|
|FIELD (Field Immersion Experiences for Leadership Development) 3||Classroom to Community||Placement Workshop|
|Integrated Management Perspective||Spoken Business Communication|
|Classroom to Community||Written Analysis & Communication|
|Strategic management||Placement Workshop|
|Spoken Business Communication|
|Written Analysis & Communication|