Question 1. When was IILM established?
Answer: IILM was established in 1993. It is located in the knowledge hub of Greater Noida. IILM is celebrating its 20 years of excellence, regards to its following attributes:
- Centrally located campuses
- Safe and secure on-campus residences
- Placements & Internships with over 300+ Companies
- Network of 9000+ well – placed Alumni
- Over 100 full time Faculty members with rich industry experience
- Globally benchmarked curriculum using Harvard Learning material
- Strong mentoring program by Faculty and Alumni
- Merit cum means scholarships and educational loans
- Exceptional student life
Question 2. Affiliation and accreditation details of IILM Graduate School of Management.
Answer: PGDM is a 2 Year Full Time AICTE, AIU approved and NBA accredited Programme. .
Question 3. What are the different courses offered in IILM Graduate School of Management?
Answer: The different courses at IILM Graduate School of Management, Greater Noida are:
- PGDM (180 Seats)
- Executive PGDM ( 60 Seats)
- Fellowship Program in Management ( 5 Seats)
Question 4: What is the Programme structure of PGDM?
Answer: The programme focuses on ‘Orientation to Management’ in Term I (teaching you the skills and language you will need in any career in business and management) and the philosophy of ‘Organizational Perspective’ (looking at how organizations really work with their many constituencies) in Term II. Term III onwards we focus on developing Integrated leadership perspective.
IILM’s Integrated and experiential curriculum includes Field courses (as at Harvard), Career Trek (as taught at Wharton) and community experience (as given at Yale). The program moulds graduates to managers of tomorrow. Each of these courses are delivered by a team of AQ (academically qualified) and PQ (professionally qualified) faculty members supported by a faculty associate. The PGDM Programme is spread over six trimesters. The first 3 terms cover the core courses (compulsory courses) followed by electives in Terms 4 through to 6 which offers advance knowledge in the domain chosen by the candidate. (Keeping in view the requirements of summer internship, a bundle of electives are offered to students in Term 3 as well).
Year 1: The first academic year shall consist of three terms. During the first year we build the foundation and orient students to the basics of management. There are a total of 24 core courses that a student is expected to complete in the first year. These core courses enhance the ability to communicate, analyze situations and arrive at decisions using quantitative and qualitative factors, and to develop a holistic view of an organization and its challenges.
Year 2: Students are required to choose a minimum of 21 elective courses from their selected domain of knowledge.
Question 5: Will I get only academic knowledge at IILM-GSM or will there be some work based learning as well?
Answer: IILM-GSM Institute’s pedagogical approach to management education combines theory with practice. Classroom learning will be highly participative and interactive involving case studies, simulations exercises, individual / group presentations, role-plays, live projects, workshops, lectures along with seminars and inputs from distinguished speakers from academia and industry. Each student must earn 6 work related credits to graduate in addition to the credits earned for summer internship.
- Summer Internship: After the completion of first year of the Programme, student undertake a compulsory 3 months Summer Internship from the month of May to July and in their preferred area of specialization in any corporate organization. The objective of summer training is to help students relate the concepts learned in class with practice in real life situations.
- Live and NGO Projects: As a part of integrated learning process, the students take up live projects with corporates and NGOs in and around Delhi. These projects serve as a platform to put classroom learning into practice. Students are awarded appropriate credits for these projects and experiences as decided by the program committee.
- Industrial visits: IILM- GSM provides an opportunity to the students to visit the plants & offices of the companies to learn the production process & how various products are manufactured. In past our placement team has organized industrial visits to companies like Parle, Mother Dairy, Expressions India and many other companies. Industrial visits have credits attached to it for the calculation of the final percentage of the students.
- Workshops: IILM-GSM offers a series of workshops every term in order to supplement classroom teaching and enhance the skills and learning of students. Most employers focus on soft skills and interpersonal skills like working in teams as much as the technical and hard skills. Through these workshops we aim to prepare students for the professional/corporate world and achieve their goals of better employment. Students are expected to attend a minimum of 10 workshops in two years.
Question 6: What are the Learning facilities at IILM-GSM?
Answer: IILM Graduate School of Management have state-of-the-art computing facilities and spacious lecture theatres and auditorium supported by an extensive library, residency facility and a student recreational centre. Both the campuses have the right balance between the concrete structures and the natural ambiance, in line with our mandate for holistic development.
- Classes are held in well furnished & fully air conditioned classrooms & auditorium with state of the art facilities that makes the classes interactive and encourages discussion based learning.
- IILM GSM provides a “Stock Trading room” for students who are interested in finance & stocks, it provides a virtual environment to students to speculate the share prices and win in virtual online share trading. It enables the students to apply the theoretical concepts learnt in the class to apply in an online environment. It is fully equipped with branded PC’s adequately supported by high speed internet round-the-clock for student access.
- For executive training there is a dedicated “Conference room” equipped with all the necessary infrastructure to enhance the learning experience of the students. These programmes have a lot of learning accruing from student self-directed team work. Separate syndicate rooms with computing facilities to help student discussions and group tasks are also there.
- The well furnished and air conditioned library has a stock of more than 32,000 volumes and subscribes to about 34 Indian and Foreign periodicals spanning all aspects of management
- Learning Centre for resident students after the classes.
Question 7: How will IILM Graduate School of Management make you ready for placements?
Answer: The preparation starts with the interaction of the student with the mentor who guides the student to make the right choice based on the student’s interest & skills. It is followed by Psychometric testing which is conducted in the first year itself to enable students understand themselves better followed by a one to one session with the Psychometric expert who guides the students as to what are the areas of improvement and how to improve upon them. Psychometric testing has enabled many students to choose their specialization stream and make a right career choice.
As a part of the mentoring process the faculty engages with students regularly and conducts mock interviews and group discussions. This helps students understand their strengths and weaknesses and is a good simulation for the placement process. IILM GSM attracts some of the best recruiters from India and Abroad. The Industry Engagement facilitates excellent placements as well as desired career shifts. The placement process commences with a series of pre-placement talks (PPT) by the job posting and preliminary selection process by recruiters. The placement process starts in the month of October and continues till the end of the course.
The Industry engagement centre acts as a central hub for all student development and placement related activities and is a repository of all information and resources. It builds in its students the competencies that are valued by prospective employers, forecasting those that will be essential from a future perspective. It provides a forum for future employers to articulate their human resource needs, and accordingly, groom and recommend students for internships and placement. The Industry Engagement recognizes that student knowledge, skills and attitude play a vital role in their career choices. With this in mind it facilitates various tests to measure the students’ career related competencies, and develop them to the fullest extent.
Question 8: What about Summer Internship? Do you provide it? If yes, on what basis?
Answer: Summer Internship is scheduled for 10-12 weeks in the month of May-July every year. Our institute facilitates summer internship for its students by giving them an opportunity to choose one of the industry areas prevailing in the corporate. Based on these choices, an analysis is done by the Placement Team and opportunities are created for the students in the desired and opted sector. Our students have got internship in companies like KPMG, E&Y, O&M, Mccann, IMRB & AC Nielsen.
Question 9: Is there any preference given to any student during placement?
Answer: All students are given final & summer placement opportunities based on their specialization & sectoral preference. Every company has its own criteria for selection so those students who fulfil the criteria gets the placement.
Question 10: What are the courses taught at IILM-GSM?
Answer: IILM-GSM offers contemporary courses like Customer, Careers, Employee, State & Society, Investor, Innovator, Global macro Economy, Operations Engine etc in the first year. In the second year specialization courses are offered in contemporary and upcoming areas like Risk & Insurance Management, Bank Lending, Equity Research, Brand Management, Consumer Behavior, Internet marketing, Change Management, Global Business Environment, Industrial relations & Labour laws etc
Question 11: Are there any Students clubs and societies at IILM Graduate School of Management?
Answer: There are ample opportunities for growth and learning at IILM Graduate School of Management in the form of Students Clubs which provide a platform to learn outside the classroom. IILM-GSM has carefully nurtured these clubs by providing more than ample resources. This has helped them grow and enabled students to enhance their non-academic skills. Outline here are different clubs running successfully at IILM-GSM, all these clubs are student driven.
- The Marketing Club,
- The Finance Club
- Environment Club
- HR Club
- Debate Club
Other Clubs : Sports Club, Cultural Club, IT Club, Library Club, NGO Club, Photography Club and Film Club, Current Affairs, Bloggers Club, etc
Question 12: How was the placement last year?
Answer: For 2015-17 batch, 200+ leading companies across sectors visited IILM for Internships and placements. Companies like Amazon, E&Y, Godrej, Deloitte, Whirlpool, ITC, Marico, Yes Bank, Protiviti etc recruited from IILM. You can see the students’ absorption for their final placements in the sectors mentioned below:
CTC Range for the class of 2015-17
Highest : Rs. 14.00 lacs p.a.
Average Package: Rs. 7.5 lacs p.a.
- Consulting – Deloitte, E&Y, Mancer Consulting, Executive Access, Athena Executive, New Era Consultancy, Naukri.com
- Banks/Insurance/Financial Institutions – Yes Bank, Axis Bank, Kotak Mahindra, HDFC Bank, Bandhan Bank, Mazars, American Express, Ameriprise, XL Dynamics, Mansukh, Mcube Financial, Moody’s Analytics, Capital First, Religare Securities
- E-commerce/M-commerce – Amazon, Shopclues, PayTM, Kazo, Benzara, Mobikwik, Indiamart, Foodpanda
- FMCG/Retail/Consumer Durables/Manufacturing – Cadbury, ITC, Nestle, Marico, Loreal, Berger Paints, Whirlpool, Redington, Saint Gobain, Kyocera, Dell, Godrej, Sony, Hettich, Decathlon, Future Group, Shoppers Stop, Coffee Day Beverages
Real Estate – Ashiana Housing, PropTiger, Squareyard, DLF, Indiabulls
- IT/ITES/Telecom – HCL, Sapient, Wipro, Reliance Communication, Airtel, Reliance Jio, Matrix Cellular
- Advertising/Media/Hospitality – To the New Digital, Adglobal360, Publicis, Dentsu, HT Media, Radio Mirchi, Milestone Media, Leela Group, Radisson Blu
- Automobile – Mercedes Benz, Audi, Honda
- Export House & Logistics/Educational Services – Aeroplane Rice, NIIT, IL&FS
- Research – Grail Research, IMRB, Gartner, Ken Research, Ipsos, Protiviti
Question 13. What is the Fee Structure PGDM?
Answer. The fee structure is as follows:
PGDM – 12.90 Lakhs (PGDM Fee inclusive of 90,000 Registration fee, 8.10 Lakh tuition fee and remaining fee includes Course pack from Harvard, Student Exchange to foreign university, hostel accommodation (single occupancy, Air Conditioned, Gym, 24 hours high speed Wi-Fi, Food, separate cafeteria other than mess).
Tuition fees includes study in Canada/Germany/France/Spain/ Finland.
- ISM, Germany
- EM Normandie, France
- University of Jaen, Spain
- Lapland University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Seneca College, Canada
Question 14: What is the Eligibility Criteria and Selection Procedure for PGDM Programme?
Answer: Eligibility Criteria: Students who have completed their graduation in any stream or appearing in the final year of their graduation from universities and institutions recognized by AICTE/UGC/AIU are eligible to apply.
To apply please submit online application* form on our website http://iilmgsm.ac.in/apply-online and keep the following documents with you on the day of the Personal Interview.
- Photocopy of X, XII & Graduation mark sheet (with originals).
- Photocopy of MAT/CAT / GMAT / CMAT / XAT score card (with originals)
- 1 passport size photograph.
- Application form submission is free of cost.
Question 16: Does the college assist any bank for Loan Facility?
Answer: Yes, IILM assist students for getting Loan from State Bank of India. As per RBI Mandate, all AICTE approved Courses are eligible for Loan from Government Banks.
Question 17: Does IILM Graduate School of Management offer Scholarship facility?
Answer: IILM Graduate School of Management offers Scholarship. Below are the categories for scholarship:
- No two scholarships can be combined.
- Amount of scholarship in various categories detailed below, is offered as percentage of tuition fee.
(1) Scholarships for Girls
All girls who meet the eligibility requirement of the program and have an offer to join IILM are eligible for a 10% scholarship.
(2) Scholarships for students with Bachelor’s degree in engineering:
All students who are selected for admission to IILM PGDM, and have secured 65% or more marks in their B.Tech or B.E. , are eligible for 20% scholarship.
(3) Open Merit Scholarships
Scholarship amount in this category is 40% of the Tuition fee.
|Particulars||Marks / Score for Eligibility|
|a) XIIth||80% & Above|
|b) Graduation||B.Tech or B.E. : 70% & Above
B.Sc., BCA, BBA, B.A.: 65% & Above
|c) MAT||Minimum score of 720|
|or CMAT||Minimum score of 360|
|or CAT||75 Percentile & above|
|or XAT||75 Percentile & above|
(4.) Merit cum Means Scholarship:
IILM offers financial assistance to deserving students from low income families, in form of Merit-cum-means scholarships. The scholarship award committee selects the candidates on the basis of pre-defined criteria of academic excellence and their families’ financial means. Students with family income of less than Rs.3.0 Lakhs per annum are eligible for 75% scholarship.
(5) Scholarship for Achievements at National Level in Sports:
The Scholarship has been instituted to acknowledge achievements at National Level only. Students will be eligible for a 20% scholarship.
(6) Scholarship for J&K and North East Domiciled students:
To encourage students from the states of Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and the North East (Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura and Nagaland), we offer a special scholarship of 20%.
(7) Scholarship for children of Defence Personnel and Martyrs:
Children of Defence Forces Personnel who meet the eligibility requirement of the programme are eligible for 20% scholarship. Children of Martyrs who meet the eligibility requirement of the programme are entitled to a full tuition waiver.
All scholarships in Categories 3, 4, and 5 to be reviewed by Committees. No two scholarships can be combined.
Question 18. What is the selection process for Admissions?
Answer. Selection will be on Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Xth Mark Sheet
- XIIth Mark Sheet
- Graduation Mark Sheet
- CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT score card.
Question 19. What Placement Service does IILM GSM have?
Ans. IILM attracts some of the best recruiters from India and Abroad. A team of dedicated and trained professionals provides career counseling and domain expertise and a separate team is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with recruiters. The placement process commences with a series of pre-placement talks (PPT) by the job posting and preliminary selection process by recruiters. The placement process starts in the month of October and continues till the end of the course.
Question 20: Is NIILM / IILM Business School also yours?
Answer: IILM group of institutions is promoted by Anil Kulwant Rai Group (http://www.iilm.edu/igroup/anil-kulwant-rai-group.html), so NIILM which comes under the The Rai Foundation Group which is no way connected with us or affiliated with us in any manner. This is to caution the public and student community that we would not be responsible in any way for the activities / courses of the said IILM Business School.
Question 21. Does IILM has hostel accommodation?
Answer. IILM Graduate School of Management has in campus hostels for both Boys and Girls in separate tower as it is residential programme.
Question 22. What are the facilities provided in hostel?
Answer: IILM provides the best safe and secure on campus luxurious residences for students and faculty .All residents are supplied with a bed, desk and a chair. Additional furnishings vary depending on the type of rooms chosen. All Residential apartments are pollution-free. Each apartment has its own facilities including lounges, computer labs, study rooms, seminar rooms, medical facilities, doctor on call, laundries and other basic necessities. All residents are provided with high speed network connections, in-house support through IT helpdesk at any hour, and free workshops on a regular basis for software packages and upgrading hardware. Needless to mention round the clock security takes care of you and your safety is of our utmost importance. Our campus Security supervised by Senior Army Officers with NSG trained Commandos. So Spread out and get comfortable with a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment and find the perfect space for your life.
Question 23. What are the measures taken for safety & security in hostel?
Answer: Safety of the hostel is in the hands of Senior Army Officers with NSG trained Commandos. Lady security guards and gunmen are stationed at night in hostel.. The campus is under strict electronic surveillance and security is monitored through latest IP cameras, fire warning systems, and 24-hour guards. Strict hostel timings are rigidly followed by the Dean, Mentors and hostel authority, ensure a pleasant stay.
Question 24: How much of my fees is refundable?
Answer: The fee is refundable as per AICTE norms.
Question 25: I have my graduation exams going on till July so I will miss my Term 1 classes what should I do?
Answer: Our session starts in June , till then graduation exams are over in all universities & colleges. However in case you miss some classes in Term 1 then your mentor will guide you regarding this.
Question 26: I have not given MAT or CAT or any other exam, am I will eligible for the PI?
Answer: Yes, without CAT / MAT score students are eligible to apply for our PGDM programme and will be admitted. However, the student must appear for MAT held in September/December/February for final admission.
Question 27: Do you have Management Quota?
Answer: No, we do not have any such quota.
Question 28: How can you contact us?
Answer: You can contact us on 0120-6670691, 0120-6670618 or you can mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.